Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Letter 2016

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

 

Look at the Cross and you will know what one soul means to Jesus. ~Mother Teresa

Happy Easter!
May the Risen Christ continue to bless you with good health, joy and peace!

          
How was your Easter Triduum Liturgy?  
     We, Maryknoll Sisters, just finished our Easter Vigil Mass followed by refreshments at our Center.  It’s my first Holy Week at our Center.  We had EasterTriduum morning prayers besides the liturgy for the Holy Thursday and Good Friday. I couldn’t hold back my tears during my visit to the Blessed Sacrament on Holy Thursday and the Veneration of the Cross on Good Friday. 
I attended part of  our Mission Institute Lenten Reflection besides translating several Lenten Reflections by Bishop Robert Barron into Indonesian language and uploaded it to my blog with their permission.
Participants of Maryknoll (Society, Congregation and Lay Missioners) Discernment Retreat participated both in the Maryknoll Society and Congregation Easter Triduum events.        Our Reflection group had a sharing session with four women, who are interested with Maryknoll Sisters, about Marylnoll ‘s charism and our vocation stories.
      I am enjoying my reflection phase at the Center: meeting and helping our sisters especially in the mailroom; having retreat and conversation about commitment, covenant and governance; attending workshop and mini course (Healing touch, Enneagram and Second Isaiah); Maryknoll Society Speakers Series on “Laudato Si” and part of the 60th session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women; reading books; watching movies both at the Maryknoll Society's  International Film Festival and at our Center; visiting several Maryknoll Society members across the street, the Indonesian community, participants of Maryknoll China Formators Project and several sight seeings in Washington DC, Philadelphia, and New York; as well as celebrating Lunar New Year, St. Patrick’s Day and Sisters' Jubilee.  I uploaded several articles about these activities in my blog.


      I continue with my chatting group ministry which numbers now more than  4,000 members in several places in over 20 chatting groups.  Several persons, whom I do not know, asked me to join them and send them faith related information for their chatting groups. I don’t know how many people are reading the information I have sent.
That’s all I can share for this Easter letter. 
         
Ossining-New York, March 26, 2016
with love and prayer,


Sr. Anastasia B. Lindawati, M.M.

Let’s do simple things with simple love to make God’s love visible

No comments:

Post a Comment