Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Sharing: July 2017 Gathering at Immaculate Conception Church

Sr. Wang asked me to help with the youth gathering at Immaculate Conception Church last year but I didn’t say yes because she said it’s mostly junior high school.  It may be more difficult for the younger age to understand my Putonghua.   When she knew that I will help the Second Shenzhen Catholic Students’ Summer Camp, Sr. Wang asked me again to help their youth gathering.  I think this is the sign from God that it’s the time to reach out more Chinese people.  I proposed Jul 8 for their youth gathering and the theme would be “The Influence of Internet in our Life and Faith.”  It was the fourth time I organized this theme.
Sr. Wang said there were around 30 people registered and mostly middle age.  I visited Mrs. Yao, who was a parishioner at Holy Family Church but moved to Immaculate Church last year, before leading the gathering.
There were around 50 teenagers and adults attending the gathering.  They asked me to speak in Cantonese because they thought it’s easier for me to speak Cantonese than Putonghua.    
We prayed together the prayer to St. Don Bosco followed by a game.  I gave the books “人生in God’s Line” as a gift for the volunteers of the game then gave a short introduction about World Communication Sunday and then two of the participants took turn to read the message of Pope Francis for World Communication Sunday (https://w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/messages/communications/documents/papa-francesco_20170124_messaggio-comunicazioni-sociali.html) and an article in a local Catholic newspaper ”教你取舍网上教会讯息” (=Teaching you how to sort out Church news on the internet)
There were small group discussions and group report after watching the short video “Look Up” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dLU6fk9QY)


Hong Kong, July 11, 2017


Sr. Anastasia B. Lindawati, M.M.

Let’s do simple things with simple love to make God’s love visible

No comments:

Post a Comment