Friday, April 12, 2019

Sharing: Apr 2019 Guangzhou O2O Gathering

When we made the first announcement for the youth gathering at Holy Family Church, I specifically mentioned single Catholics 18-35 years old but several volunteers were not comfortable with “single” because they don’t want to organized a match maker gathering.  Since then, the youth gathering of  Holy Family Church are opened for both married and single Catholics even welcome non Catholics.  One of the volunteers Mr. Dai several years ago had an idea to collect database of single Catholics but Fr. Lu didn’t support it.  Mr. Dai finally made a group of single Catholics by his own.   
Several parishioners asked Fr. Xu and me, and also I am sure to other priests and sisters, to find boyfriend/girlfriend for their son/daughter so early this year Fr. Xu asked me if we can organize a single Catholics gathering but it was pending.  

My concern about the need to find Catholics boyfriend/girlfriend led me to start a single Catholics group chatting 在主内相识,从你我做起on Feb 27, 2019.  It has around 130 members from several cities when I organized the first Online to Offline (O2O) Gathering in Guangzhou on April 7, 2019.  Several persons forwarded my announcement about this group chatting to their group chatting so the membership is growing quite fast.   I asked two men and two women of the members from Shenzhen to help take care the group e.g. monitoring the conversation and set up the rules for the group.
There were 20 youth attending the O2O gathering.  One of the Guangzhou members Ms. Chen and the leader of Cathedral youth group Mr. Zhang helped to prepare the logistics.  Several members from Shenzhen attended this gathering.
I led gathering by presenting the first and second habits of  “8 Habits of Highly Effective People” to introduce themselves and shared their soul mates criteria besides give presentation about Love.       
They are grateful for the gathering as they know each other, get the opportunity to learn and share and looking forward for the next gathering in Shenzhen.  There are 141 members as for today.  It’s another opportunity to reach out to more youth in mainland as my wish.
Mr. Dai, who moved to his town several years ago, edited my announcement about the single Catholics group chatting for his own group chatting with the help of two priests.
I stayed with my senior high school boarding mate and had a chance to meet Fr. Chen and visit our youth volunteer Ms. Li besides attending the Mass at Shamian Church.
Since several members dont want to be known to be member of a single group so I will not upload our pictures.

Hong Kong, April 12, 2019


Sr. Anastasia B. Lindawati, M.M.
Let’s help each other to live less waste living for a better world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment