Saturday, September 12, 2020

Sharing: Behind Profile Pictures (updated on Jul 8, 2022)

Here is my 2022 profile picture:

  

Here is my 2020 profile picture:

 

 Top Left: Mother Mary Joseph (October 27, 1882 - 5 October 5, 1955), Foundress of Maryknoll Sisters of St. Dominic Inc., the first group of Catholic Sisters in the United States founded for overseas mission https://www.maryknollsisters.org/about-us/our-mission/.

Top Right: St. Therese of Lisiuex (Feast Day: October 1), Patron saint of Missionaries https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Th%C3%A9r%C3%A8se_of_Lisieux.  Her “little way” inspired me to write my motto “Let do simple things with simple love to make God’s love visible.”  I made my final vows on her feast day at St. Theresa’s Church - Kowloon Tong Hong Kong in 2016.

Middle: I was wearing the Chinese clothing, which could be worn for free in a restaurant during our Single Catholics gathering in Shenzhen.  One of the participants Ms. May asked me turned around for the picture so that the clothing will be waving.  My favorite picture!

The three of us is “United in Love for Mission.”  Mother Mary Joseph was inspired in 1904 by graduating Protestant students preparing to leave for missionary work in China.  St. Therese of Lisieux’s physical life on earth was anchored to the cloister but her missionary heart burning with zeal for souls was already in the mission fields and distant lands.  I am a missionary sister in China region.

The background is Pink Lily flower because it’s my favorite flower besides jasmine flower.  My Chinese name is 莉莉 (Li Li) from the character of jasmine 茉莉花.

I was inspired to use “因爱同” for my Chinese social media when I saw a booklet of Caritas Family Service.  I also changed my profile name to “爱同” (=Walking together because of Love) from “爱与生命” (=Love and Life).

I asked one of the volunteers Mr. Cai to edit my design last February 2020 because I couldn’t edit the background of my “Love” symbol transparent besides he is an expert on design.  I edited his version this month because I found the Chinese motto “因爱同” and I learned how to edit the background of a picture to be transparent.  Here is his version: 

Here is my profile picture for Chinese social media and QR code of my profile in Maryknoll Sisters’ website:

 
         
I was impressed with this Mother Mary Joseph’s picture when I saw it back in 2006 because she was smiling.  Recently I realized that both of us have similar pose in the picture so I combined it to be looked like I walk behind Mother Mary Joseph as below:  

 
Hong Kong, Sep 12, 2020

 

 

Sr. Anastasia B. Lindawati, M.M.

Let's not buy things with the money we don’t have to impress people we don’t know.


Jul 8, 222:

Ms. Pinny Yip and her team helped me to redesign my profile picture as I added paper cutting of pig (my Chinese horoscope besides remembering my pig collection: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_(zodiac)) and eagle (https://worldbirds.com/eagle-symbolism/) besides flag of my home country, Maryknoll's country and my mission country.





No comments:

Post a Comment